Committed to your privacy
Pop Chorus Limited runs feel-good adult contemporary and wellbeing choir groups in and around Suffolk, and online. We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, so this policy explains how we use your information, share where necessary with third parties, and keep it secure.
Company number: 9092175
VAT number: 337 9878 35
Registered address: Unit 3, Alton Business Centre, Valley Lane, Wherstead, Ipswich, IP9 2AX
Please note this policy only covers our website, not any we might link to – to which we refer you to theirs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns or complaints – if you’re not happy with how we handle the issue you can raise a complaint with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
Why do we use your personal information?
We hold and use your personal information in order to:
- Answer any queries you may have contacted us with, and communicate with you on this.
- Administer your choir membership (including joining, payments, and renewing or lapsing/leaving).
- Communicate with you by email, text or phone on choir-related matters (as our legitimate interest to do so).
- Monitor and manage your attendance at any online or physical rehearsals, sessions, performances or workshops.
- Telephone your appointed contact in the event of an emergency.
- Seek your views or feedback, on occasion, to gauge opinion or help us improve.
- Send promotional emails to those that opt in to receive such information, always giving the opportunity to opt out / unsubscribe.
- Publish reviews including your name on our website, social media and promotional materials, when you have given your consent.
How do we share, protect and keep your personal information?
- We only share any required personal information with trusted third parties to enable us to provide our services to you – as detailed further below.
- We will never sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, with our website ‘https’ secure and the Members Area password-protected.
- We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary: specifically, whilst you’re a member and for a reasonable period afterwards, as some members lapse then rejoin and this saves resupplying information, Every few years, older lapsed member data is deleted or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and planning.
What personal information do we collect?
1. Information you provide to us
- When you contact us by phone, email, live chat, in person, or otherwise; interact with us on social media, you share basic contact details.
- Pop Chorus members are required to provide personal, emergency contact and musical information, to enable us to provide you with our services – but no financial information, as we do not yet take payments online (yet). Specifically, data includes Name*; Mobile Number*; Email Address*; Postal Address; Emergency Contact Details*; Musical Part (Top/Middle/Bottom); Group; Fee; How Heard About Pop Chorus; Notes (including any special requirements).
Personal data fields *asterisked above are copied to a password-protected Excel file shared in Dropbox (also password-protected) between Yula, Jemma and Paul, other fields retained on paper only, filed in Pop Chorus’s office.
- Wellbeing choir attendees are only asked to provide an email address for contact purposes.
2. Information we collect about you
- To deliver members and promotional emails we use third party providers (Mailgun and Mailchimp), which requires sharing your email address, and Maikhimp gathers email response statistics using industry-standard technologies to help us improve our emails to you.
3. Photos and videos
- Members, their friends and families often take photos and videos of Pop Chorus performances, and share these on social media. We sometimes ask whoever took them for permission to use them for our own promotional purposes, and on occasions we employ professionals at events specifically to take photos and videos for this purpose. If you do not wish to appear in such photos and videos, please let us know in advance so we can try to accommodate, so we can avoid featuring anyone who doesn’t want to be featured.
- Direct marketing: You have the right to choose whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing information from us. We will only send promotional emails to those who have opted in, and always offer the option to opt out / unsubscribe. Access and updates to your information
- Access and updates: You have the right to see and correct (and in some cases delete) the information we hold about you.